Nizwa and the mountains Jabal Akhdar
The name Jabal Akhdar, translated into Russian, means “Green Mountain”, which is interconnected with the richness of the plant world of this area, the height of the hill and a significant amount of precipitation. The mountains reach a height of up to 3000 m above sea level. This is one of the most picturesque places included in the number of reserves to preserve the natural diversity of the area. You can visit this distinctive green island with a unique climate, which became the adornment of the Al-Hajar mountain range, while on the way making a stop in the city of Nizwa – the first and ancient capital of Oman.
Special Features Jabal Akhdar
- The region is characterized by moderate climatic conditions – with temperatures reaching -5 in winter and up to + 30 in summer.
- The only place in Oman where nature is favorable for growing medicinal herbs, juniper, etc.
- On the slopes of the mountains you can find terraced gardens, water in which comes from underground sources.
- The pronounced aroma of roses from March to April due to their abundant flowering.
What can be seen during the tour?
A visit to Nizwa is scheduled:
- an oriental bazaar with fruit, fish, vegetable galleries, as well as an antique courtyard and a significant market for selling pets;
- Fort Nizwa with original architecture.
Then you will see the ancient settlement of the early 17th century, Birkat El Mous, with picturesque plantations of dates, bananas and other fruit trees, as well as the village of Sahik with ancient dwellings and tiny mountain lakes, and much more.
8:50 – meeting with the guide at the hotel reception
9:00 -11: 00 – The road to Nizwa
11:00 – 12:00 – arrival in the city of Nizwa and visiting the old market
12:30 – 13:30 – Fort of the Year Nizwa
13:35 – Departure from Nizva to the mountains of Jebel-Akhdar
14:00 – 15:30 – Wadi Bani Habib
15:30 – 16:50 – Lunch in the Oman style
17:35 – 18:15 – Sunset on the observation deck of the hotel Anantara.
19:00 – 21:00 – Return to Muscat.